What We Do
MediaTel Group provides web-based data and trading systems to the fast-moving media industry. Our 150 clients include Channel 4, BSkyB, Condé Nast, ZenithOptimedia, Carat, RBS, Global Radio, The Telegraph and many more.
We are an exciting company that believes in a fun, relaxed working environment with a real emphasis on development and learning. There are many opportunities for progression within the structure. We advertise all jobs internally first and have an exceptionally high staff retention rate.
We are based in London's Covent Garden, offering easy access to all the shops, bars and restaurants in the area. We hold regular social events including quiz nights and sports days as well as an annual Christmas event.
There are a number of benefits to staff as their employment progresses. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Option to join the company’s private healthcare scheme after 2 years
- Interest-free travel season ticket loan after 6 months
Client-facing Business Analyst
This role is working on our flagship mediatel.co.uk product (the largest single-source of media intelligence available online in the UK) and with our media research clients (for whom we create bespoke web-based applications that feed/analyse high levels of data and enhance business processes.)
The role is client-facing and includes business analysis, requirements specification, project management and account management.
- Capture and analyse needs of the (internal or external) customer
- Help the customer to assess the impact of change
- Help them understand what is possible
- Document requirements
— Head of Development, who manages the work within each development iteration
— Product Manager, who owns the longer-term development roadmap for mediatel.co.uk
- Shape a project (consider priorities/phasing/agile structure/commercial constraints)
- Pitch solutions (to internal and, with support, to external customers)
- Manage the delivery of projects, communicating effectively with the customer (internally, consider non-development aspects such as coordination with our marketing team, data release schedules, etc.)
- Coordinate software testing
- Manage risk
- Contribute to the regular review and prioritisation of incoming projects / individual bug-reports raised
for a small number of media clients to whom we provide bespoke solutions
- Responsible for all aspects of client accounts; coordinating others to complete tasks
- Responding to enquiries and allocating associated work to relevant teams within MediaTel
- Producing quotes, reviewing charges, etc.
Skills / Experience
- You will have worked alongside developers on web development projects previously (but software skills are not required)
- An interest in and capability for working with data is essential
- Experience of working with databases / SQL is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- You should be solutions focussed - confident dealing with all aspects of client discussion (internal or external)
Junior Web Developer (PHP)
The role:Based in London’s Covent Garden, MediaTel, the largest single-source of media intelligence available online in the UK is looking for a junior web developer with excellent PHP skills. Working on J-ET, the only radio trading system of its type in the UK, used by the majority of the UK radio industry and integrated with numerous third party systems, you will be tasked with developing data driven applications.
Main duties & responsibilities:Working alongside a technical head, project manager, designer and a senior PHP developer the team is responsible for all technical aspects of the full project lifecycle, from analysis and requirement gathering with clients through to development, integration & testing. The role will report directly to the J-ET technical head.
This is a perfect role for a hardworking and enthusiastic PHP web developer who wants to grow his or her technical skills working on a challenging and rewarding project that is most definitely not a CMS. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for technology, a meticulous approach to code and the ability to quickly understand processes.
- 1-2 years commercial web development experience of PHP (OOP)
- Experience of working with RDBMS such as mySQL or SQL Server
- Knowledge and understanding of: Apache, Linux, XML, Design patterns
- Experience of MVC framework (preferably Zend) essential
- Version Control experience an advantage
- Development tools: experience of Netbeans/Eclipse, SVN, Bugzilla
- Knowledge and experience of Agile project management and development an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Proven commercial PHP development experience
- Some experience of integrating third party APIs preferred
Education:Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science preferred
When applying, please provide any links to a GITHub profile and/or any of your own open-source contributions.
MediaTel Overview:MediaTel is the leading provider of essential industry information and trading systems to all major UK media companies. Used daily by executives at all the major media agencies and media owners, the MediaTel.co.uk data intelligence service has provided invaluable support for planners and decision makers across the UK for over 20 years. In the last five years the addition of high profile media commentators to Newsline; a series of highly-regarded seminars and conferences; and a new data product – Connected Consumer - have positioned the company at the forefront of industry thought leadership too. We are now looking for a marketing manager with broad experience of marketing best practice, and a highly commercial instinct, to develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan that will build on this base and help to increase revenues.
- Create and own the annual MediaTel marketing plan
- Generate a marketing programme to maximise awareness and demand for MediaTel products and events amongst agencies, clients, journalists, industry influencers and potential MediaTel customers and sponsors
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure the marketing plan remains relevant and complimentary to the overall business plan
- Create, develop and co-ordinate MediaTel’s social media strategy
- Manage all marketing output, co-ordinating workflow and ensuring it is delivered on time and on brand
- Responsible for generating all marketing materials, ensuring a strong and cohesive brand identity at all times.
- Regularly monitor and review the effectiveness of marketing initiatives .
- A minimum of 3-4 years B2B marketing and business development experience.
- Proven ability to create relevant, effective marketing plans to time and to budget.
- Exceptional organisation, planning and communication skills
- A creative thinker with excellent attention to detail
- A professional and enthusiastic approach
- The ability to multitask - managing several projects at the same time to meet deadlines
- Confidence and ability to quickly engage and influence senior internal stakeholders will be a stand out quality
- £35-40,000 pa
Business Development Manager - Events (Maternity Cover 12 months)
MediaTel is looking for a Business Development Manager to develop opportunities around established events, seminars and conferences in the media industry, and to help the company grow in new areas.The company run a series of highly-regarded events, ranging from breakfast seminars to full day conference/exhibitions. These events have a reputation for being innovative, informative and entertaining, and regularly feature leading industry figures.